Five Popular Posts Of The Month
If a process has patterns it CAN be computerized . For that 1. humans develop algorithm 2. humans write a code . NOW, often AI c...
Knowledge is NOT power. At least in politics. One of the top reasons why Trump won was that the biggest donors of the Democratic Party ...
Venting Out About Customer Services. This post is an example of an amateur investigative journalism. This post is vvveeerrryyy long, ...
To The Table of Content Vision v. Imagination: what does a venture capitalist use? Today (09/11/2018) on my way to work I...
<=This post explains WHY we are observing the dawn of the Era of Dictatorships. This post is old and has some outdated statemen...
Monday, March 11, 2019
If Liberals Won’t Enforce Borders, Fascists Will (by D. Frum)
If Liberals Won’t Enforce Borders, Fascists Will
(By David Frum)
I. general gist of the article (which provides many useful data to support each statement).
1. Immigration is a mess.
2. Immigration policy is a mess.
3. Immigration policies are outdated, decades old, and do not help solving current social and economic problems.
4. America badly needs meaningful immigration policies.
5. The right wing politicians use immigration to agitate economically squeezed middle class and guide voters toward authoritarian solutions to social and economic problems.
6. The left wing politicians must step in and offer meaningful immigration policies, including certain restrictions and limitations, or the country may lean more and more toward fascist-like state of governing.
II. Some commentaries
1. Imagine the U.S. economy is so strong that all Americans have a good job, and many employers are struggling to find workers. No one would even think about building borders or slowing down immigration – legal or illegal. The meaningful state of immigration depends completely on the state of the economy.
2. Over the last three decades American middle class was losing its prosperous sate because the economy has been shifting from using money to making things and services to using money for making money. Less and less Americans could participate in the process of wealth creation. In the end, millions of Americans felt squeezed, economically degraded, “forgotten” (or literally, forgotten).
3. No immigration policy can solve the fundamental economic disbalance of the American economy. However, immigration has become a scapegoat for the right wing politicians who blame immigration for the economic decline of the middle class families.
4. No immigration policy can solve the fundamental economic disbalance of the American economy. However, since immigration has become a scapegoat for the right wing politicians who blame immigration for the economic decline of the middle class families, the left wing politicians must find the right strategy to regain the control of the discussion on the immigration. Sadly, so far they have no idea how to do that (David Frum’s piece has some).
5. Overall, politicians on both sides have no idea how to address the root of all current social and economic problems – which is the disconnect between the current mechanism of the wealth production and the ability of the masses to participate in the wealth production.
6. Overall, politicians on both sides are not smart or visionary enough to even design their own activities in accordance with their own long-term goals. For example (taken from an old post on the matter), in terms of boosting birth rate of native-born Americans: #5. The Republicans wage a war on women, specifically, on white women. In their “defense”, they do not understand that they do it. Recently we all had another confirmation of how stupid (or idiotic) the Republicans are (again, in the original sense of the words “stupid” and “idiotic”). It happened when American representatives defended the use of the artificial milk for babies. No sane person would ever agree that an artificial milk is better for infants than the natural mother’s milk. The very goal of the artificial milk was using it when a mother could not produce enough milk for her baby. Then things got out of hands. The result is the rise of allergies, reproductive disorders, immune system deficiencies, and organ damage.
But the main point is that the Republicans support measures which defeat one of their own main goals – which is to increase the population of white people. If they would be smart enough they would support every measure other developed countries already have, such as a paid maternity leave, paid kindergarten, etc. Even abortions! The reason the Republicans do not do any of this is because they are afraid of the rise of non-white population who would benefit from all that social support for women. In reality, non-white families do not rely much on that type of support because those families are traditionally large, and family members traditionally support each other. Who would benefit the most from all forms of a women social support is white women! But the Republicans are too stupid or idiotic to see that (again, in the original sense of the words “stupid” and “idiotic”).
III. Further reading