Dr. Voroshilov: from A to Z A driven professional, an eloquent expert, a productive author, and a collaborative colleague: (Professional past, present, and future)
1. Hows does Intelligence function?
2. How to make an artificial device which mimics the functions of intelligence?
The structure of the investments in AI clearly shows that professionals in the field pay way too much attention to the latter (second) question and ignore the most important one - the former (the first). In this environment an actual artificial intelligence is not coming any soon.
The links to all six my applications to the NSF 2026 Big Idea Machine (from August 31, 2018 to October 26, 2018):
1. Entry125253: High Frequency Data Streams in Education
2. Entry124656: objective measures of physics knowledge
3. Entry125317: National database teacher PD
4. Entry124655: role of NSF in funding education
NB. I was disqualified due to multiple entrees; evidently, the NSF Idea Machine has no need for an idea machine :)